Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dream Catcher

I am honored to have been able to sew a "Classic Update" for Quiltmaker Magazine
Current issue #142


I used seven color families to make my quilt as designed by Quiltmaker.  Red, brown, yellow, green, pink, purple and cheddar.  All 1800 reproduction fabrics.  I tried something new and used an Edyta Sitar Moda batik as my background fabric and a complimentary batik for the border.  The pattern method is paper piecing.


Paper Piecing makes for precision piecing.  When paper piecing I still chain piece whenever possible. I made my flying geese paper into groups of four. 


I finished sewing this top at a retreat with my quilt group.  I had to fit all that paper and top in small area.  Is there anything better than sewing with your friends!!!!!!!!!!

 

A picture of a fabulous machine quilter Judy Castleman -  thank you Judy for quilting this so fast!


I look forward to hanging this quilt on the wall.  Thank you Quiltmaker!


This is my favorite picture taken by a professional photographer at the Quiltmaker Office.  This picture makes my quilt looks so precious.  This quilt is currently being made by all the other members of the Scrap Squad.  Our last quilts and information on the Scrap Squad can be found at Quilters Club of America


Scrap Squad Ladies:
Ruthie
Donnie
Forestjane
Kim
Pat
Donna
Carol

5 comments:

Tazzie said...

I just love your quilt Linda, and how fun to see you and Judy in the pictures.
Be sure to have a great week hon
*hugs*
Taz
:-)

Lynda said...

Over here in the UK I have only just got my hands on a current copy of 'Quiltmaker' so I'm astounded and thrilled to see your scrappy version complete! It's fabulous!

Orlie said...

This is A door stopper for sure Linda. Congrats on getting into the magazine and sharing your quilt.

Julierose said...

Hi Linda--I just joined Quilter newsletter and subscribed--so, new to your site, I love your quilt--it is beautiful thank you for sharing--come visit me at "julierosequilts.blogspot.com"

Cathy said...

Hi Linda, I love your quilt. I'm lucky enough to be on the 2012 Scrap Squad. I hope we do half as well as your group. Hugs