Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Scrap Squad - Linkin' Logs!

What fun I had making Linkin' Logs!  The pattern is by June Dudley Executive Editor for my favorite quilting magazine - Quiltmaker.  The pattern was easy to use and worked up nicely.  A design wall was very helpful to put together this project.  I use the fold away design wall sold by Fons & Porter.
I would like to thank Windham Fabrics for providing my background!  I used several 1800 reproduction prints, red, green, brown and pink to go with this nice floral.

I also decided to complete my circles on the edges of the quilt which was easy to do.

See the fingers of my two quilt buddies Gerri & Karen helping to hold this quilt up for the snap shot!  What a beautiful setting!  My quilt group is lucky to be invited to have a retreat each year at this gorgeous cabin.  No retreat would be complete without Gerri's Killer Brownies!  It is fun to hear my quilt friends talk about how many they each have eaten and making sure no one is ahead of the other!

1 pkg German Chocolate Cake Mix
1/3 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup Butter
1 pkg Caramels
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350º.
  2. Mix together cake mix, evaporated milk (1/3 cup ) and butter. Press 1/2 of the dough into the bottom of an 11″x13″ pan and set remaining half aside. Bake for 15 minutes.
  3. While crust is baking, microwave caramels and remaining evaporated milk (1/2 cup) for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
  4. Once crust is ready, pour caramel mixture over the crust. Sprinkle bag of chocolate chips over caramel. Roll remaining half of dough into patties and place on top.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes more.

 Go to Quilty Pleasures blog to see other members of the Scrap Squad's Linkin' Logs

5 comments:

WATERCOLORS BY MARILYN said...

Gorgeous quilt and a beautiful setting for it.
I'm so proud of you for being in Quilter's Newsletter.

Anonymous said...

Great quilt Linda! And you're right, those brownies are the best!
Donna

Tazzie said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous Linda, I love the fabrics you've chosen.
Gerri's brownies are just the best, and bring back wonderful memories of trips to Paducah.
Be sure to have a great week
*hugs*
Taz
:-)

Donna's Quilts 4U2C said...

Great quilt, Linda. The colors come together so very nicely.
Am going to try the brownies, they sound good!
Your Scrap Squad friend,
Donna

Laura said...

Your version of Linkin' Logs is the sole reason I bought the magazine. I'm too much of a nervous beginner to actually subscribe, but I had to at least get the pattern and make something similar to yours. It's so very pretty!